Bill of sale is an important document that is widely used in trade and made by seller to the purchaser. This is a legal document and can also be named receipt, invoice etc. Main purpose of having this document is to keep record of transaction made between buyer and seller on particular products/services. Bill of sale serves as legal evidence whenever there come any issue of payment, fraud in transaction, no delivery of order etc. seller is responsible for making this important document so he must try to accomplish it in a professional way. This document is one of business documentations that serve as record keeping. Bill of sale provides protection to both buyer and seller when they accomplish any transaction for certain good and products.
There are two main types of bill of sale document that are widely used in trade industry. These are:
- Absolute bill
- Conditional bill
Absolute bill is for confirmation of payment by the buyer for goods and products he receives. From the seller side, seller agrees that buyer has paid for the order delivered to him. Automatically this document becomes a written proof of transaction made between buyer and seller and there is no need of any other proof for legal justification.
Here is preview of this Sample Bill of Sale Form,
Conditional bill is used to have by seller until buyer pays for the order delivered to him. If buyer is not paying for the delivery, seller can own his products and goods those were going to sell to the buyer. Seller again becomes the owner of his property.
Bill of sale consists of some important information that supports to deal with legal issues. Important dates are given on bill of sale like delivery date, payment date and order date. Particulars of buyer and seller are given on bill of sale document like name, phone numbers, addresses etc. Next section of bill of sale consists of information about the transaction made between buyer and seller like product title, per unit price, total price, product description and net amount to be paid by buyer. Warranty coverage and other terms and conditions are also mentioned in bill of sale. Signatures of both buyer and seller are also given on bill of sale and hence this document becomes a legal proof against any issue come in transactions.
In case of making transaction of automobile, you will have to add model no of vehicle, mileage and company name etc. Amount is such an important content of bill of sale document so it should be mention clearly and both in words and numbers.
Bill of sale document must be created in its particular format and layout because it is standard format for this document and you must stay professional while making bill of sale document. From the information and discussion given above, you can surely understand the value and importance of bill of sale document. It comes in business documentations and serves both parties as legal evidence. So importance of this document cannot be denied at all.
Here is download link,
Download Sample Bill of Sale
Related Word Templates
- Sales Contract Template Sales contract is a legal document between seller and buyer which defines terms and conditions for both parties. Sales contract deals with sale of different products as property, power, technology, software, business and any other manufactured goods or under process product etc. It […]
- Price List Template Designing a price list may take as a messy job to cope with but it is not that difficult to analyze your budget and make a list according to it. When you launched new products and you decided to make a price list for these items you should check for the market price for the similar items […]
- Purchase Order Template Here is a good looking Purchase Order Template created using Microsoft Word so that even a newbie MS Office user can easily use this template and create professional purchase orders (POs). Purchasing goods is a critical procedure for every kind of business and requires careful planning […]
- Job Application Form – 4 Printable Templates In a usual process of hiring a professional or group of professionals for an advertised job vacancy, it is usually required by applicants to submit their qualification information. Although a Resume serves the purpose for candidates to showcase their skills and qualification yet it […]
- Interior Design Invoice Template An interior designer offers different services to its customer and receives some amount against his/her services. As an interior designer, you have to work as an accountant also to bill your clients. It is important to design a perfect interior design for your clients to get paid on time […]
- Small Business Invoice Template A business invoice is important to use to maintain the sale and purchase record of your business. It is used to track the services you have rendered for a certain person or client to track the amount of money that you be in debt the client or the client in debts you. It is a convenient […]
- Meeting Minutes Templates – 6 Free Templates Here I came again with a related template to Meeting Agenda Template. This is Meeting Minutes Template that can be used to track and record any official meeting activities. Preparing minutes of the meeting is very critical step in official meetings where each and every issue […]
- Business Plan Template Business is an extensive field of earning in the modern economic world. Businesses, whether they are small or large in size are greatly dependent upon the dedication and hard work of businessmen for success. Planning is the first and foremost step of a successful business and indeed is […]
- Executive Summary Template The following is a template for Executive Summary that is a necessity of everybody interested in presenting a government summary to his senior administration with regards to a task, event or a concern. An Executive Summary is typically relate to as a summarized document that represents […]