Car Delivery Receipt Template
Car is an important part of your regular activities because it can make your travel easy and help you to reach your destination on time. The sale and purchase of a car require lots of formalities and documentation so it is essential to keep the car receipts with you forever to avoid any potential problems. If you are selling your old car then it is essential to design a car receipt according to the standards of the Department of Motor Vehicles because the buyer will present this receipt to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get the registration of the car in his/her own name. If you are purchasing an old car then you have to be careful about receipt and make sure to get a standard car receipt to simplify the process of registration. Both seller and buyer should maintain this receipt to avoid any potential problem such as the involvement of car in the illegal affairs in the future and in the presence of the receipt you can show that you no longer belong to the car.
Here is a preview of a Free Car Delivery Receipt Template created using MS Word,
Vital Contents for Car Receipts
It is really important to document therefore it is essential to design it with care without any potential errors following are some instructions to guide you about the designing of the car receipts:
- In the first step, write your full name and address on the upper left-hand corner of the car receipts. Although you can generate handwritten car receipts system generated receipts can be an easy target for you as you can design a specimen according to the standards of the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- It is compulsory to include the specific details of the vehicle such as model, car make, year, and VIN. Write everything in simple and clear words to make your receipt easy to read for all persons.
- It is your moral duty to write the complete and true condition of the vehicle at the time of sale. For instance, if a new transmission is required by the vehicle or the tires are going bald then it is compulsory to list these situations. It will protect you from future accuses from buyers. Do not forget to write the current odometer reading.
- If you are in the situation to provide any guarantee to the buyer then clearly spell it in the car receipt. You have to be careful while writing it as the buyer can take you to the court in case of any dispute or mismanagement.
- Carefully check the odometer and write the accurate reading at the time of sale. If there is any error in the number of odometers then you have to write the reason on the car receipt. Write the purchase price of the car followed by the description and clearly write that you are relinquishing complete ownership of the vehicle to the buyer.
- Without your signature and date at the bottom the car receipt cannot be complete so sign the receipt and take the signs of the buyer as well as the date of the transaction. Buyers can sign the receipt underneath your signature or in the opposite direction also.
Here is the download link for this Car Delivery Receipt Template,