Indian restaurants are famous for their spicy and mouthwatering taste of cuisine and what they call a ‘desi’ flavor of spices in their foods. Indian restaurants are not only present in India; in fact these restaurants have spread all over the globe due to globalization of professions. The urge to open these restaurants arose because of two basic reasons; first a large number of Indians being employed internationally, second the taste of Indian foods being unavoidably extraordinary. People from all over the world utterly appreciate their spices and the foods being cooked in these spices.
Like every other restaurant anywhere in the world, menus are really important for Indian restaurants as well. These restaurants specially need menus since the foods if sold in other country and to people who do not understand Indian languages (Hindi, Urdu etc.) really need to read a menu to order food every time they visit the restaurant. Indian foods are usually named in Indian languages and that is the basic reason for them to have menus plus it is a sophistication, which restaurants have adopted internationally to have menus for the customers.
Here is a colorful Indian Menu Template that can be used to create your own Restaurant Menu if you are running an Indian Restaurant.
Here are a few important tips to design a food menu for an Indian Restaurant. Anyone with a little knowledge of designing can design their very own, according to choice food menu. Take a look at the following handy tips.
- A theme must be chosen for an Indian restaurant menu, prior to any other designing steps. The theme must be according to the overall look and décor of the restaurant. The colors of the menu should also be according to the general aura of the restaurant.
- It is quite suitable to choose catchy borders and heading designs according to Indian culture to give the customers an improved feeling as if they are in India even if they are in an Indian restaurant on a random American street.
- It is really important to include the names of dishes in English, since it being an internationally recognized mean of communication. It is a plus if you add the local language for name of dishes if any locals visit the restaurant.
- The menu can be printed on various types of paper; the ones most commonly used are card papers of mere thickness and suit best for the type of use of menus. They are hard and rough and can last longer.
- Categories of the Indian dishes can be made in the Indian restaurant menu, which can include drinks, chicken dishes, sweet dishes etc. according to the categories available in that specific restaurant.
- The prices of the dishes, as per a general trend are mentioned in the menu against each dish. The quantity or serving size of every dish should also be mentioned to give the customers a better idea while they are ordering food.
- It is a good idea to describe the dishes a little bit or may be mention the ingredients such as the main text says ‘chicken ginger’ and the sub-text might say ‘chicken, sliced ginger, black pepper and a touch of butter’.
These are the few tips which can be helpful in making a good Indian restaurant menu.