These Consultant Agreement Templates can help anyone to prepare consultant agreement between clients and service provider/consultant. A consultant should arrange or prepare a contract with his/her client before he/she start working for client. Consultant agreement or contract is made to resolve lots of things that may create various problems. A perfectly made consultant agreement should consist of key elements like:
- Requirements of clients
- Compensation package
- Duration or deal line for projects
- Necessary terms and conditions
- Particulars of client and consultant
Consultant Agreement Guidelines
Consultant agreement provides legal protection to both client and consultant. Having an agreement means you own the responsibility on your own behalf and cannot blame each other for anything. A consultant agreement is very important document and must be created in the best professional way. If you are looking for drafting a nice and professional like consultant agreement, you are suggested to follow the tips given below.
- Title of agreement is very important to write on this document for its right identification. Title must be short but brief. For example, if you are going to make contract for any project of IT, your title should be like “IT Consulting Agreement”. The title should be written in the top middle of the page.
- It is necessary to name the parties involved in consulting contract and agreement and you should name each party with its contact and address information.
- Date of making contract must be written on consultant agreement or you may leave blank space for entering date including day, month and year.
Here is preview of this Consultant Confidentiality Agreement,
Preparing Professional Consultant Agreement
This was some general information to be write on any contract including signatures of both parties, terms and conditions, important dates, particulars of parties etc. Here we will tell you what to include in particularly a consulting agreement beyond the general information of an agreement.
- Giving description about background and services of consultant is very important both for clients and consultants. A client must be aware of what the background of his /her chosen consultant is and what sorts of services he/she is providing.
- Compensation packages and ways of payment vary person to person and this should be clearly described when you make a consultant agreement with client.
- Support and reimbursement is necessary to consider while preparing a consulting agreement. For example, is consultant working in an office, or have a company etc. Such information is very important for clients and also shows the reputation of consultant.
- Creating a nice working relationship is necessary both for client and consultant so you must clear all necessary terms and conditions in consultant agreement to avoid any unpleasant issue. Both parties must ensure their own responsibilities.
- Liabilities are your own matter as a client because consultant is not your employee. You will have to take responsibility of your property, asset and insurance in case of any mishap.
These are tips and steps to make a perfect consultant agreement. By following the tips given above, you can make consulting agreement perfect from all aspects.
21 Free Consultant Agreement Templates
Here is our collection of free Consultancy Agreement Templates or Samples available for immediate download.