In a usual process of hiring a professional or group of professionals for an advertised job vacancy. It is usually required by applicants to submit their qualification information. Although a Resume serves the purpose for candidates to showcase their skills and qualification yet it doesn’t necessarily meet every employer’s demands. Hence it is a good idea to prepare a Job Application Form and make it available to all the candidates and they should submit their application by filling this form to meet exact demands of any employer. This Job Application Form contains several fill-in blanks that anyone can fill either on computer using MS Word or with a Pen on a printed version. Usually following information contains in the Job Application Form,
- Personal Information such as Name, Address, Contact Information, Social Security Number etc.
- Education Details such as competed degree or certificates with dates
- References along with detail of relationships and dates
- Previous Employer Information
What is Job Application?
A Job Application is an application for recruitment, which organizations or companies use to employ workforce. Job applications usually carried out in many ways. There are online forms that you will fill online, paper form applications or you can just submit your resumes. Mostly, you will apply in writing for most jobs. Your application is your first impression and all the next steps depend on your application.
Things to do before writing job application:
- Review samples of job applications and try to find out, which type of sample is suitable for your application.
- Get all the documents of your qualifications and work experience before writing an application.
- Make sure you have documents that are necessary to be attached with your application for example copies of your certificates, resume, etc.
- Get all the things you need for writing and you should have proper sitting arrangement and quiet place for better concentration and to avoid overwriting before writing your application.
Tips for writing Job Application:
- Read the job and precisely state the job you are applying for.
- Clearly explain the position you are trying to get and where it was published.
- Explain in detail your personal qualification, experience and skills.
- Try to assure that you can do this job and you are the right person for this job.
- Do not forget to include your contact information and do not make your application longer than one page.
- Try to write your application in advance so have enough time to edit and review it.
- If you are sending your application in letter or via e-mail make sure the application address is correct or you are sending it to the right person.
- Mention your most recent education first and then include your college or high school. Also include your training programs or any vocational course.
- Do not mention any irrelevant information that is not required. Employers are only targeting the information that they require.
- You have less than a minute for catching their attention so try to encourage them to read your application.
- Thank you them for reviewing your application and also indicate any attachments, resume or work example.
- Send copies of your original documents if required.
Writing & Printing:
- Try to make your application simple and to the point.
- Do not make any spelling or grammatical mistakes. Proofread your application and check for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Try to write neatly. You can use black or blue ink and make sure it is easy to read.
- For printing always use good quality paper. Do not overnight or make any manual corrections.
- Sign your application before submitting it whether it is typed or handwritten.
- Check out your application that you have provided all the information that is required.
- Make sure that you have attached all the required documents with your application.
- Request someone else to check your application for mistakes.